At TechSoup, you’ll find the raw energy of a start-up, and extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone.
We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since 1987, we’ve assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network – one that you likely belong to – includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community-driven technology solutions to meet today’s most urgent social challenges.
The Corporate Relationship Manager will contribute to the achievement of TechSoup’s financial and social impact targets by helping to manage and expand corporate partner relationships that meet the technology-oriented needs of the social sector while also meeting the needs – philanthropic and otherwise – of each of his or her respective TechSoup partners.
Collaborating with teams across TechSoup, the Corporate Relationship Manager will actively manage all aspects of TechSoup’s relationship with their partners continuously driving towards improving the overall relationship and achieving fiscal results. Corporate Relationship Managers are charged with developing a comprehensive understanding of their partners and advocating for them while simultaneously understanding TechSoup’s strategic objectives and navigating TechSoup’s multi-sided platform.
Please note: TechSoup is not considering candidates who recently applied for this position. This position is in the San Francisco office and is not eligible for remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are among the major responsibilities for this role. The exact level of responsibility will depend on the experience and existing skills of the candidate and the needs of the team.
- Management of and accountability for a set of key corporate partner relationships and achievement of the philanthropic and financial goals of both TechSoup and the partner firm.
- Assist in defining a clear strategic vision and approach to drive shared value and most effectively utilize TechSoup’s assets.
- Create and manage an account plan including financial forecasts and the identification of value-added activities.
- Communicate regularly with partners to resolve issues, monitor performance, and continually ensure alignment on expectations and the strategic direction of the relationship.
- Collaborate with other teams across TechSoup to address various client and program needs to understand, leverage all TechSoup resources to create value for all stakeholders, and develop content for program support, adoption, education and outreach.
- Identify and offer opportunities for sponsorship of events and solicitation of support for other strategic activities and initiatives.
- Negotiate products and/or services for TechSoup internal use.
- Coordinate with our global network and new solutions and services group on the expansion of the number and types of offers and the geographic reach of your programs.
- Conduct surveys, market research, and pricing analysis required to understand market trends, enhance offers and to contribute to the development of pricing terms and models for donated and discounted products.
- Become well-versed in the sectors and product areas that impact the programs you manage.
- Support Senior Program Managers and the Strategy and Impact Senior Director and Vice President on special projects, business analysis, and programmatic needs.
- Support internal committees and advisory panels across TechSoup.
- 10 + years of professional experience in dynamic environments, simultaneously managing multiple customers, clients, and/or projects.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with business and competitive market analysis, financial forecasting, and pricing model capabilities.
- Passionate about the opportunities at the intersection of technology and the nonprofit sector.
- A positive, professional attitude and a drive for results.
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Decisive and confident while flexible and adaptable with a good sense of humor and perspective.
- Experience with evolving business models, including cloud technology and membership models, sales and re-seller channels, and evolving technology models and trends strongly desired.
- Experience with a range of philanthropic services a plus.
- Global experience a plus.
- Strong process, project and program management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfort in working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and timely follow up.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and accommodate changing priorities.
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills required.
- Business development experience valued.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced degree and language skills desired.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.