Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
The Director of Global Communications works with stakeholders across the TechSoup Global Network to support business growth, manage brand, and deliver strategic communications initiatives that build reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction for all of TechSoup’s programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this person is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of TechSoup’s communication strategy both internally and externally. This person will coordinate communications with marketing and handles all communications sent to the public as well as managing the social media team
This role is responsible for leading the marketing communications function and is tasked with telling our story and building brand awareness and brand equity around the world. In addition, this role is charged with developing and implementing marketing communication strategies and creating materials that support the profitable growth of TechSoup and its global network of partner NGOs. This includes market assessment, definition of customer segments, and positioning of relevant and differentiated service offerings on a national as well as a global level.
The individual will have extensive experience developing and executing a global communications strategy that drives profitable growth, tells our story, and develops a communication hub that supports customer acquisition, retention, and optimization. In addition, the individual will develop and execute global communications initiatives in collaboration with the partner NGOs, offer support and training to these NGOs in order to meet the goals above.
The role is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and translating market data to drive development and positioning of our offering and vision. This individual integrates a broad understanding of the nonprofit sector and how technology can play a role, with an ability to define the communication strategy behind diverse marketing programs.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications, social media, and public relations program that will enhance TechSoup’s image reputation within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Lead all communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, social media, client acquisition, and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of TechSoup’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies both, internal and external. Work closely with HR to ensure brand is fully understood by staff and an integral part of TechSoup culture.
- Oversee the development and implementation of brand positioning and brand messaging throughout the global network and ensure messaging is consistent with organizational directives across the organization and the network.
- Develop and coordinate all print material and the appearance of organizational material and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Lead market analysis to identify and segment market opportunities; own development and socialization of customer, market and competitive insights and translation of these into focused service offerings and value proposition across existing and emerging markets.
- Develop marketing communications and implement customer engagement strategies for existing and emerging markets through events and programs, direct marketing, social media, PR, and communications.
- Communicate vision, strategy, and specific initiatives internally to executive and other stakeholder audiences, as well as externally to customers. This may include representing TechSoup at key industry events and with customers and influencers and preparing executives for public facing appearances.
- Oversee development of various communication materials that ensure smooth onboarding and ongoing experience.
- Responsible for budget, hiring, coaching, and team development.
- Lead communication strategy for social media team and ensure messaging is on point; deliver targeted messaging for earned media opportunities and overall brand equity.
- Foster earned media and direct outreach to get TechSoup featured on radio, TV, print or the Internet.
- Ensure that PR opportunities are fully vetted for the CEO and develop strong relationships with media representatives.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- 10 plus years of experience in marketing communications
- 10 plus years of experience developing and executing customer strategy and products or programs that drive business success.
- Experience within nonprofit environments preferable.
- Experience with market competitive analysis
- Strong management, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience in managing brand and running a social media team
- Experience with PR and strong relationships with local media a plus
- Experience in global brand management and marketing preferred
- Experience in working with a large, global network of partners preferred
Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience