IT Business Analyst
(Regular, Full-time, Exempt)
Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
The ideal Business Analyst candidate will possess a combination of business, non-profit, and technology experience to assist with the definition, development, testing and deployment of internal and external business systems that support the business functions of our primary website and technology services, with a focus on our ecommerce platform.
The Business Analyst will have experience in the elicitation, development and analysis of business and functional requirements, business processes, and data flows to ensure that all user and business needs are captured, analyzed and understood from a systems, business user and operational workflow perspective.
This role serves as a liaison between a software development team and a wide array of stakeholders, including Marketing, Content Management, Program Management, Community Engagement, Customer Service, and others. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are critical.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert on issues that impact strategic business priorities across multiple departments such as product management, engineering, user experience, and customer service
- Use analytics and business judgment to identify, prioritize, structure and solve complex business problems
- Analyze business and user requirements, business system capabilities, workflow, and functional limitations, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems (e-Commerce, ERP, CRM, CMS and others)
- Document the functionality of existing and new business systems, business models and the flows of data
- Work closely with the Technical, Business and Operations teams to implement solutions and enhancements that ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Analyze and recommend technical options and solutions for business issues including commercially available software
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure timely and comprehensive review and analysis of test cases, test plans, and general strategy
- Facilitate end-user acceptance testing and training, and assist with procedural and training documentation
- Keep up-to-date with applicable technologies as well as developments in the nonprofit sector
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Analysis in a relevant position preferred
- A thorough understanding of Business Analysis best practices, per BABOK, including enterprise analysis, usability engineering, and business process management
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle and project management principles and methodologies, including Agile SCRUM
- Domain knowledge of the following preferred: web application development, e-commerce, ERP and CRM, and Content Management Systems. SharePoint or NetSuite experience is a plus
- Experience with forum and blog management as well as social sharing tools
- A focus on user-centered design with an understanding of usability factors and techniques, including mobile products and gesture-enabled design
- Involvement with nonprofits as an employee or volunteer preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to accommodate the fluctuating demands of our customers and partners
- Strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of customers’ needs
- A highly effective command of verbal and written English to support the requirements management process, including the ability to clearly communicate complex insights in a clear and easily understood manner to a variety of audience types, and the ability to conduct effective presentations and workshops
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an attention to details and a facility for understanding the complexities of integrated business systems
- Ability to work effectively in an independent manner and yet be effective at collaborating on teams and across functions while fostering positive, respectful relationships
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience