At TechSoup, you’ll find the raw energy of a start-up, and extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone.
We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since 1987, we’ve assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network – one that you likely belong to – includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community-driven technology solutions to meet today’s most urgent social challenges.
Our leadership team is looking for a Senior Visual Designer that is passionate about human-centered design. This individual will perform the design role from ideation to pixel-perfect asset delivery. The ideal candidate will have an expert knowledge of contemporary design principles and a strong appreciation of emerging technologies and participate in product ideation and conceptual development of experiences.
Please note: this is a contract position located in the London, UK office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, navigation systems, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Design motion graphics and animation effects.
- Produce design specifications, digital redlines, storyboards, scenarios, interaction models, and design prototypes.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Translate wireframes and functional diagrams into designs that convey simplicity, despite system and user need complexity.
- Engage users through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Give data meaning through information visualization.
- Maintain and inspire high standards for all aspects of the creative process.
- Operate as the design lead to a geographically-distributed team that includes project management, business analysis, product strategy, data architecture, and software development.
- Work closely with development team to ensure that design specifications are executed and pixel-perfect visual assets are implemented.
- Collaborate with remote UX team to establish and maintain design direction and strategy.
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer, UX designer, interaction designer, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience producing visual designs for responsive applications across web, tablet, and mobile platforms.
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite; experience with Sketch and InVision; familiarity with Jira; hands-on expertise with HTML and CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of web technologies and responsive design practices.
- Well-rounded understanding of web and mobile usability best practices.
- Capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management.
- Tolerant of a range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation.
- Ability to switch easily between different projects and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results.
- Creative and pragmatic problem solver with an eye towards design details.
- Ability to solicit and incorporate diverse perspectives.
- Professional, team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and collaborator, regardless of organizational structure or hierarchy.
- Strong portfolio available for viewing showing great sense of design, color, creativity and good communication skills.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.