At TechSoup, you’ll find the raw energy of a start-up, and extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone.
We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since 1987, we’ve assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network – one that you likely belong to – includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community-driven technology solutions to meet today’s most urgent social challenges.
The Multimedia and Education Content Producer role requires an agile and creative individual with experience and passion for community engagement through 21st century online tools. This person will conceptualize, create, and produce live events (including webinars and videos) for a variety of audiences in a captivating and vibrant way. Must possess an innate curiosity for learning, a drive for creating great work, an ability to take risks, critical thinking skills, and a stellar sense of humor.
Please note: this is a 90-day, contract position located in the San Francisco office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Content Coordination and Delivery
- Conceptualize, create and produce webinars (minimum 2 live events weekly).
- Design and develop video content using Camtasia and other video production software.
- Write content for TechSoup's channels including (but not limited to) blogs, articles, and videos.
- Maintain accurate schedules and documentation for events.
- Coordinate and assist in web production of online courses working in the WordPress environment.
- Coordinate and support presenters/SMEs in development and production of webinar content through post-wrap-up process.
- Write and coordinate communications to learners and subject matter experts for live events and online learning courses. Must have a flair for editing for different audiences.
- Manage online promotion of webinar and other online events on TechSoup Courses Learning Management System, Techsoup.org, and TechSoup for Libraries.
- Manage the archiving of webinars on the TechSoup.org and or TechSoup for Libraries websites.
- Plan and coordinate outreach for webinars in collaboration with staff.
- A minimum five years of hands-on experience developing and producing online training through standard web conferencing tools such as GoToWebinar, ReadyTalk, Google Hangouts, and other platforms.
- One to three years of storyboarding and producing videos for multiple audiences and purposes using standard video production tools.
- One to three years of experience consulting or working with nonprofit organizations and public libraries or equivalent experience preferred.
- Comfort and proficiency in public speaking both on camera and online.
- Audio/visual experience with Camtasia or other video production software.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology experts on collaborative projects required.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, SharePoint).
- Exhibit professionalism and flexibility in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Critical thinking and creative ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of the technology needs of nonprofits and libraries and the challenges in implementing technology solutions to the sector preferred.
- Ability to course-correct and change direction depending on business needs.
- Sense of humor a must!
- Experience working with LMS platforms strongly preferred.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.