At TechSoup, you’ll find the raw energy of a start-up, and extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone.
We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since 1987, we’ve assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network – one that you likely belong to – includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community-driven technology solutions to meet today’s most urgent social challenges.
TechSoup is looking for a Multimedia Video Producer. This person will be a key part of TechSoup’s marketing team and lead TechSoup’s video strategy. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling, a commitment to support the nonprofit sector, a desire to see video used for social change and a natural curiosity to follow the latest trends and an ability to embrace new video techniques and strategies as they evolve. Strong video editing and production skills are a requirement.
This position works closely with TechSoup’s social media team. Experience with social media content and creation in the form of images, GIFs or super-short images is an added benefit. Our ideal candidate should exhibit a desire to create “best in class” video, take risks, move fast, work well with a team and have fun along the way.
Please note: this is a 6-month contract position located in San Francisco, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shoot our brand-defining video stories that capture the passion and emotion found in the nonprofit sector.
- Lead and create video strategy.
- Review story ideas and direct efforts to deliver quality video coverage.
- Work with the team to create compelling video content for social media and the website, including content that can be published and/or marketed off-site over a variety of digital platforms.
- Work with social media team to develop fresh content and video ideas.
- Knowledge of platforms like PowToons/"explainer videos" a plus.
- Manage external digital vendors including videographers, developers, freelance writers, etc. as needed for projects.
- Produce and publish slideshows, stories, videos and other interactive content that address a range of objectives: builds awareness/brand impact, protects reputation/crisis management, engages specific audience, drives traffic, drives leads (mailing list), etc.
- Manage interactive content with other teams.
- At least 8 years’ digital experience producing and editing visual content.
- 4 years’ management experience that includes a collegial and encouraging management style that fosters budding talent and challenges veteran employees.
- The ability to hold multiple ideas at the same time, weighing four, five, or 10 competing needs concurrently, and making critical decisions under pressure.
- Ability to be clever, creative, obsessive, and eager to experiment with content.
- Must be able to move quickly and shoot video on the fly.
- Previous experience with non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut).
- Previous experience with live streaming video platforms on social media (Open Broadcast, Wirecast).
- Be able to handle high-pressure environment.
- Manage deadlines.
- Experience in editing super-short video (30 seconds – minutes) and longer video.
- Articulate and inspire excellence from a talented social media staff.
- Remain calm under pressure and communicate effectively under deadlines, new projects, and competing priorities.
- Experience producing content in formats beside video (infographics, graphics, GIFs).
- Photoshop and graphic multimedia experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive experience with social media content creation and knowledge of the latest social media trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.