Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
The Program Manager will contribute to the achievement of TechSoup’s financial and social impact targets by helping to manage and expand a number of corporate, social enterrprise, foundation or large nonprofit partner relationships that meet the technology-oriented needs of the social sector while also meeting the needs – philanthropic and otherwise - of each of their respective TechSoup partners.
To that end, Program Managers, in collaboration with others teams across TechSoup, will actively manage all aspects of TechSoup’s relationship with their partners continuously driving towards improving the overall relationship and achieving fiscal results. Program Managers are charged with developing a comprehensive understanding of their partners and advocating for them while simultaneously understanding and navigating TechSoup’s multisided platform.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment. The candidate will be team oriented, client focused, and experienced reconciling the needs of multiple stakeholders. Experience with reseller channels and sales channels as well as strong negotiation, business analysis, and analytical skills are highly desirable. Ability to work across teams, cultures, and organization levels is critical. Commitment to TechSoup’s mission, familiarity with the nonprofit sector, and an understanding of technologies and evolving technology business models is a must. Global experience is a plus.
The following are among the major responsibilities for this role. The exact level of responsibility will depend on the experience and existing skills of the candidate and the needs within the team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of and accountability for a set of key partner relationships and achievement of the philanthropic and financial goals of both TechSoup and the partner firm.
- For each of the Program Manager’s partnerships, assist in defining a clear strategic vision and approach to drive shared value and most effectively utilize TechSoup’s assets.
- Create and manage to an account plan; including financial forecasts and the identification of value-added activities that are both aligned with TechSoup’s strategic priorities and with the interests of the partner. Monitor ongoing account results and fine tune as required to meet defined objectives.
- Communicate with partners to resolve issues, monitor performance and continually ensure alignment on expectations and the strategic direction of the relationship.
- Collaborate with other teams across TechSoup to address various client and program needs to understand and leverage all TechSoup resources to create value for all stakeholders. For example:
- Working with the TSG Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience teams to develop content for program support, adoption, education and outreach that increases the overall value and impact of your programs.
- Identify and offer opportunities for sponsorship of events and solicitation of support for other strategic activities.
- Negotiate products and/or services for TechSoup internal use.
- Coordinate with our global network and new solutions & services groups on the expansion of the number and types of offers and the geographic reach of your programs.
- Conduct surveys, market research and pricing analysis required to understand market trends, enhance offers and to contribute to the development of pricing terms and models for donated and discounted products.
- Become well versed in the sectors and product areas that impact the programs you are responsible for managing including
- Monitoring business/financial news alerts relating to your programs to help understand issues that impact programs you support and identify opportunities for relationship and program expansion
- Proactively identify potential issues and trends that might impact the TechSoup product donation program.
- While the responsibilities above will comprise a significant amount of the time and effort of the Program Manager, other work will be an important part of this role as well.
- Support Senior Program Managers and the Strategy & Impact Senior Director and Vice President on special projects, business analysis, and programmatic needs.
- Support internal committees and advisory panels across TechSoup
- Passionate about the opportunities at the intersection of technology and the nonprofit sector
- Creative thinking about TechSoup’s unique capabilities and understanding of different stakeholder objectives
- Financial acumen
- Ability to imagine and co-create new models and opportunities to expand impact for all TechSoup stakeholders
- Exceptional at listening, identifying and solving challenges and driving results
- A positive, professional attitude and a drive for results
- Intellectual curiosity and enjoy being challenged
- A strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Decisive and confident plus flexible, adaptable and a good sense of humor and perspective
- Detail oriented and tenacious
- Good at taking initiative, but also able to recognize when assistance from another team member is needed and ask for guidance and support
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across cultures and at all levels of organization
- Highly effective listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong process, project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort in working with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and timely follow up
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and accommodate changing priorities
- Aptitude for numbers and interest in pricing models and financial forecasting
- Experience with a range of philanthropic services a plus
- Business development experience valued
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills required
Education and Experience:
At minimum, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required plus minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in a dynamic environment where you have simultaneously managed multiple customers, clients and / or projects. Relationship or program management skills critical. Demonstrated business analyst capabilities, competitive market analysis. Advanced degree and language skills desired. Experience with evolving business models, including cloud technology and membership models, reseller channels and evolving technology models and trends strongly desired.