Project Manager, TechSoup Europe
Project Manager, TechSoup Europe
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote
TechSoup is excited to share that we are launching two big initiatives focused on capacity building and strengthening the digital resiliency of CSOs members, activists and educators across Central and Eastern Europe.
We are currently looking for two Project Managers who would like to join our Warsaw office team and support CSOs members and activists struggling in the era of polarization, disinformation, and social media algorithms. Technology is accelerating these processes/phenomena and we need to better understand how it’s happening. But technology can also connect us and amplify our activists’ response.
TechSoup Europe’s mission is to strengthen the resilience of local civil society through smart use of technology to increase their capacity to advance democratic practices, increase civic engagement and foster social change worldwide (with specific focus Central and Eastern Europe). All our capacity building and community engagement projects strive towards a world where resilient civic actors such as CSOs, activists, educators, people’s movements, and minority groups can use technology and communication strategies effectively for digital activism to achieve a progressive agenda for social and climate justice, universal human rights, and democracy.
Purpose of the Role
Together with our civil society partners from the region we will design a capacity building program and create space for collaborative discussions and peer-to-peer learning between activists, action groups, and CSOs in the Balkans, Visegrad, Black Sea and Baltic regions. Project Manager will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out all activities within the project. This includes coordinating work of the project team, partners and service providers.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Managing the entire project lifecycle through set up, planning, implementation and closure phase.
- Developing a detailed project implementation plan.
- Tracking milestones and deliverables, collecting and organizing all project outputs, with the provision of quantitative and qualitative control, as well as internal and external compliance (including donors' requirements).
- Building communication with and coordination of project partners and service providers.
- Coordinating day-to-day MEARL activities: implementing monitoring systems; monitoring project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results; working with data platforms and databases; disseminating evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders.
- Managing risk and issues occurring in the project.
- Maintaining close collaboration on budget planning and execution with Grants and Finance Manager and Finance Coordinator.
- Preparing narrative reports in close collaboration with the Chief of the Party, Program Team and Partners.
- Contribution to financial reports in close collaboration with Grant Operations Portfolio Manager, Grants and Finance Manager, Chief of the Party and other team members.
- Contributing to reconciliation of project budgets and preparation of reports for senior management in close collaboration with Grants and Finance Manager.
- Developing and maintenance of all formal documentation of the project, in compliance with donor’s requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Preparing and conducting the procurement procedures in the project.
- Preparing and maintaining contracts with partners and contractors.
- Record keeping and activities related to the settlement of the projects.
- Cooperating closely with project partners to ensure building a knowledge base on the projects.
- Overseeing the work and performance of the team members, setting up quarterly/annual goals, verifying the quality of their work and providing them with ongoing support and guidance.
Skills you'll need to accomplish your duties
- Graduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience with international projects management with a proven delivery record and working with multiple stakeholders on an international level.
- Experience is managing larger projects with budgets above 1 million Euro, including EU funds and US federal grants will be a plus.
- Experience in the civil society sector is essential, specifically in Central and Eastern European Countries.
- Thorough knowledge and experience program and project management methodologies, techniques, and good practices.
- Knowledge in the area of monitoring and evaluation processes and tools.
- Strong analytical with excellent numeracy, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt well to change.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Optimistic and growth mindset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
For your contribution and passion we can offer:
- Full-time job (work from Monday till Friday).
- Flexible working hours.
- Contract of employment.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan at Medicover, life insurance at MetLife, pension program PPE, Multisport card, and LinkedIn learning platform.
- Remote work opportunities with the possibility to visit our office in the center of Warsaw.
- An attractive international working environment.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you.
Join our team now!
We are waiting for all applications till 26th of January 2023!