Program Communication Strategy Manager
Program Communication Strategy Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote work opportunity
Salary range: 9,500 - 12,000 PLN gross / month
We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they can make social change. We connect unlikely collaborators, including NGOs, social activists, hackers, IT specialists, funders, local authorities, and business partners, thus generating innovative solutions to social challenges. TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world.
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit customers. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology.
Program Communication Manager will be accountable for developing and implementing the Communication Strategy for Digital Activism Program. Manager will provide guidelines and consulting for the Program Team and all Partners and provide communication related to all activities (including outreach strategies and recruitment) and dissemination of results. Ensures all communications of the program are high quality, consistent and engaging.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing effective communication and outreach strategies for Digital Activism program (on both international and local level) with the Team’s and Partner’s participation.
- Research and competition monitoring.
- Preparing press releases and other media materials and coordinating their dissemination to the public.
- Crisis Communications - Developing crisis response plans.
- Maintaining a consistent brand message of the Digital Activism Program, preserve its visual and brand identity, and ensure that team members adhere to brand guidelines.
- Preparing, executing and monitoring of long-term and supervising execution of short-term plans for strategy implementation: covering outreach for all events, educational materials popularization.
- Managing the daily operation of the DAP Communication Team.
- Managing the promotion and communication budget (in consultation with the Comms Team & Digital Activism Program team).
- Quality control and supervision of promotional materials and communication guidelines within the Digital Activism program.
- Setting up workflows for joint communication with partners, evaluation of communication guidelines for partners and supporting team members in execution of the guidelines.
- Overseeing content creation.
- Align Program Communication strategy and Program Brand identity to overall Organization's brand in cooperation with TSE Senior Strategic Communications Manager and TSG Communication Team.
- Collaboration with Partners and coordination of the Program-related communication and promotional aspects.
- Communication to and from departments/programs at TechSoup, which are/may be correlated with the program activities.
- Setting up, monitoring and further developing Program Team goals and individual goals of each team member around comms activities.
- Carrying out performance review and feedback conversations with team members on a regular basis.
What you’ll need to accomplish your duties:
- Min. 5 years of experience in communication roles, focusing on strategic communication (communications, media, PR).
- Experience in people and team management.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a must.
- Experience in PR and Media Relations.
- Deep understanding of the condition, trends, challenges and needs of the civil society sector in Poland.
- Experience in communication strategies development and execution in CSO sector.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in producing story-driven content about complex subjects that engages target audiences.
- Knowledge of business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Knowledge and experience in social campaigning, and communication.
- Understanding of political developments across Europe.
- Flexibility to travel in Europe and internationally as required.
- Based in Warsaw, or remote in Europe (with frequent travelling to Warsaw, and in Europe).
For your contribution and passion, we can offer:
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan, life insurance, pension program PPE, Multisport card.
- Team-building events.
- A range of opportunities to grow within the organization.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in social enterprise at a global scale.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
Additionally, we expect the candidate to have knowledge of and experience with social media channels, websites (CMS), Google Analytics, graphics applications, designing marketing campaigns (mailings, FB ads, Ad Words), for the purpose of coordinating Program Team efforts around execution of these tasks.
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you. Join our team now!