Program Portfolio Manager
Program Portfolio Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland / Remote work opportunity
We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they can make social change. We connect unlikely collaborators, including NGOs, social activists, hackers, IT specialists, funders, local authorities, and business partners, thus generating innovative solutions to social challenges. TechSoup Europe (headquartered in Warsaw) leads the design and delivery of TechSoup programs in Europe. It also supports the TechSoup Global Network of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that manage a variety of technology capacity-building programs serving communities in nearly every region of the world.
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit customers. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology.
The Program Portfolio Manager plays a pivotal role in driving coordination of projects and programs within the Solutions and Services department. This position requires expertise in ITIL methodologies and a strong understanding of project management principles. The Program Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of projects across different time zones and continents, ensuring the successful delivery of digital solutions and services that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Define and execute the program and portfolio management strategies, ensuring alignment with the Solutions&Services’ team objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of projects in diverse geographical locations, overseeing project planning, resource allocation, budgeting, and monitoring project progress, with focus on Digital Resiliency Projects
- Manage internal improvement projects aiming to build efficiencies and automations within the Solutions&Services Team
- Apply ITIL methodologies to ensure efficient and effective service delivery operations across the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including project charters, business cases, project plans, risk registers, and status reports.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews, evaluating project performance, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, including internal teams, external partners, and vendors, to ensure seamless collaboration and project success.
- Digital Transformation and Solutions Delivery and Operations
- Drive the digital transformation services agenda within the Solutions and Services department, identifying innovative solutions and service enhancements that align with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize DT initiatives, services and solutions ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and maximizing organizational impact.
- Provide leadership and guidance to technical engineers in the delivery of digital solutions and services, ensuring adherence to ITIL methodologies and high-quality service delivery.
- Work together with Service Delivery Managers on improvement and automations of solutions delivery and services operations, including defining workflows, establishing processes for Regional Centers.
- Monitor industry trends and emerging technologies (including tools and platforms) relevant to digital transformation and integrate them into project planning and execution.
- Project Governance and Compliance
- Establish and enforce project governance frameworks, ensuring compliance with organizational policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct project audits and reviews to assess compliance with project management methodologies, quality standards, and risk management procedures.
- Manage project risks and issues, implementing effective mitigation strategies and escalation processes as required.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting of project milestones, deliverables, and outcomes.
What you’ll need to accomplish your duties:
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Information Technology, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in program and portfolio management, preferably within an international non-profit organization or a similar environment.
- Curiosity in digital transformation projects and delivering solutions and services in diverse geographical locations, or a proven experience will be a plus.
- Strong understanding and application of operations methodologies and techniques, such as ITIL methodologies, with relevant certifications (e.g., ITIL Foundation, ITIL Practitioner).
- Project management certifications (e.g., PMP, PRINCE2) highly desirable.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a strategic mindset and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer:
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan, life insurance, pension program PPE, Multisport card
- Team-building events
- A range of opportunities to grow within the organization.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world.
- Possibility to gain experience in social enterprise at a global scale.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
An amazing job at a social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you. Join our team now!