Grant Operations Portfolio Manager
About the job
TechSoup Europe is a European division of TechSoup headquartered in San Francisco, CA. It is a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for social change. Through both digital platforms and in-person experiences TechSoup has delivered value to nearly one million nonprofits, charities, community organizations, and libraries in 236 countries and territories. In the last 30 years, TechSoup has connected one million non-profits and delivered more than US$10 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services from over 90 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with 24 partner organizations represents many different areas: media literacy, civic engagement, social innovation, and digital inclusion. We help grassroots, small, and local non-profit organizations in 48 European countries build their capacity. We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so that they benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
Purpose of the Role
We are currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Grant Operations Portfolio Manager who will support formal and financial grants management in TechSoup Europe. This person will help ensure accountability and oversight for all bilateral and multilateral grant-funded projects planning and implementation in Europe. Grant Operations Portfolio Manager will work closely with program owners, project teams, the finance and administration team in Europe, and in the US (in case of global projects operated from Europe) and will report to the Head of Finance.
- Oversee formal and financial Grant Management Operational Process in TechSoup Europe
- Set up policies and procedures to ensure excellent delivery of formal and financial Grant Management Operational Process in TechSoup Europe
- Formal and financial controlling of all grant funded projects implemented in TechSoup Europe
- Assist Development Team, Program Managers, Coordinators and Budget Owners with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
- Design budget templates for the Development team depending on the projects’ and the donor’s requirements.
- Co-create and supervise grant proposals and budgets to ensure appropriate costs are included and to determine the level of financial support and capacity needed for implementation.
- Support Development Team in collection of formal documentation (internally and from Partners) required for calls for proposals.
- Support the Grants Team with access to grants applications portals and various systems for grants monitoring and report submission, including account registration and maintenance.
Implementation and controlling:
- Support the grant implementation to ensure compliance with internal policies, funders/grants requirements, applicable laws, approved policies and procedures including allocations and allowances.
- Assist Program Managers, Coordinators and Budget Owners with projects budget planning and implementation in various formats.
- Design and manage grant monitoring systems/tools which will allow to determine, report and monitor co-financing in different projects.
- Providing guidance on and approving the recording of costs in the TS and donors’ systems, calculation, fiscal requirements, eligibility of the costs, collaboration with external contractors, and other project needs.
- Set and deliver regular financial monitoring of projects funds execution (including Partners’ budgets).
- Ensure that project activities are implemented within budget, and in accordance with the grant agreement and internal TechSoup Europe’s requirements.
- Upon project closure verify if all project documents and processes are compliant with donor's requirements (including Partners' parts).
- Prepare all the financial documentation for proper project closure, conduct final finance reconciliation if needed (including Partners' parts).
- Organize all project documentation, verify final versions and store according to internal TechSoup Europe’s guidelines.
- Develop Procurement Guidelines and templates for specific projects in accordance to donor requirements and standards.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure that project teams are conducting procurements in accordance with the project procurement guidelines.
- Final approval of the financial and formal elements of contracts in order to ensure compliance with the internal and donors’ requirements.
- Prepare formal and financial documentation required during internal and external audits, in collaboration with Project Managers and the Finance Team.
- Prepare reporting templates, guide and advise on partners reports within projects under the umbrella of TechSoup Europe grants.
- Prepare interim and final financial statements in accordance with grant agreements with donors (including Partners’ financial statements).
- Prepare proposal for amendments to contracts, grant agreements regarding finances.
- Implement and manage grant monitoring systems/tools which will provide timely and periodic reports to donors and TechSoup Europe team indicating the problems that TechSoup Europe and sub-grantees are encountering in implementing their grant activities.
- Support Project Managers and Program Managers in setting up, monitoring and reporting on standardized, actionable KPIs for all projects, and in risks analysis in collaboration with Program Execution Manager.
- Cooperate with TechSoup’s US Team, contributing to the development of standardized global project management processes, and tools to manage multilateral and bilateral grants according to donor requirements.
- Develop projects’ finance management guides outlining the guidelines on the collaboration between Finance Team and US Finance Team on the financial management of the US federal awards.
- Prepare on a regular basis internal financial reports for projects implemented together with the US Finance Team SF team.
- Serve as a liaison between the Grants Team and the Finance Team and US Finance team to ensure that all fiscal and accounting principle are following during the project implementation phase.
- Degree in a related field such as business administration, development, international relations, and management.
- At least 5 years hands grant management experience in a dynamic and multi-cultural international NGO setting, including EU funds (direct EU calls or EU structural funds); experience with American grant management is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with European Union Institutions’ procedures on calls and tenders.
- Thorough knowledge of internal control systems and auditing standards.
- Experience with financial report preparation, and matrix budget preparation/compilation.
- Experience with information systems support, proficiency in MS Office applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages required.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures, and other financial information.
- Exceptional communication skills – both oral and written.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques, and good practices.
- Knowledge of international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Fluency in English.
For your contribution and passion we can offer:
- Full-time job (work from Monday till Friday).
- Flexible working hours.
- Contract of employment.
- Benefits package: Premium medical plan at Medicover, life insurance at MetLife, pension program PPE, Multisport card, and LinkedIn learning platform.
- Remote work opportunities with the possibility to visit our office in the center of Warsaw.
- An attractive international working environment.
- Broad training opportunities (online and offline).
- A supportive environment that provides a work-life balance.